Thursday, July 28, 2011

The social hierarchy of the homo studentus universitatus

I have observed that the HSU species gathers in groups and their social hierarchy is complicated. When together the alpha males are attached to video game controllers, totally focused on annihilating their cyber enemies, others are mulling around playing pool, watching the alpha males make their kill, while others are ripping open bags of chips and making popcorn…what intriguing social structure. There is also a select few, usually the females of the group that are intent on rapid communication via texting on their cellular devices. I think they may be socially stunted but who am I to comment?

Dear God....please help my kids grow up to be socially capable and productive members of society (or I will have to change my last name!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment