Monday, May 16, 2011

He's Baaaack!

He’s baaaack! The summer migration of the Homo studentus universitatus (HSU) has started. I am now lucky enough to have two HSUs! My husband traveled to Colgate University last weekend to collect our eldest. I opted to stay home and do laundry, go to the grocery store, weed, mulch …anything so as not to have to drive back 6 hours to NH with a car full of dirty laundry, moldy sneakers and unwashed popcorn bowls. When they pulled into the driveway, my husband bolted for the house without saying a word and the creature emerged from the car, wrinkled, unwashed, unshaven and full of hugs for his mom! This was the day before Mother’s Day and I have to say it was a really special gift (you can take this anyway you want!!). HSU #2 is coming home Wednesday…can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment